Property Management Services
Destination Resorts Hawaii is the premier property management company in Wailea, established in 1976. For over three decades, we have upheld a successful history and reputation as a trusted and reliable operator of Wailea condominium and vacation rentals for homeowners. Specializing in a premium collection of vacation rentals, we are highly experienced in the upscale resort of Wailea-Makena.
Our services, offices and front desk are all located in Wailea. Location is everything as it allows us quick and easy access, ensuring your multi-million dollar vacation residence is always well cared for, your guests' needs will always be taken care of, and that we best understand the market conditions and the community in which we serve.
Destination Resorts Hawaii offers personalized and customized management services for each individual Wailea condominium we manage on behalf of the homeowner. We have flexible terms and conditions to meet each individual homeowner's needs, and we are dedicated to acquiring revenue for each individual unit within our program. The Rental Manager and staff work exclusively within your complex and we know each condominium intimately.
We provide homeowners with sales and marketing, guest services and owner services. With the largest inventory of Wailea vacation rentals and condominiums, we are able to tap into our economies of scale to provide operational, guest, sales and marketing, accounting and owner services that are unmatched by other property rental management firms.
We are selective of the units in our inventory and are interested in finding owners that take as much pride in offering updated, well maintained residences as we are about caring for and acquiring visitors who seek out premium vacation rental accommodations in Wailea-Makena.
- We're officially part of a national brand, Destination Hotels & Resorts, the nation's fourth largest independent hospitality management company, noted for its unique and distinct upscale hotels and resorts throughout the U.S.
- Our sales and marketing division calls upon travel agents and attends consumer shows in regions across the U.S. in destinations that are important to the Hawaii visitor market.
- Being part of a brand of nearly 30 properties, we tap into cross-selling opportunities with our own properties, targeting an upscale clientele for your unit.
SALES AND MARKETING
- Wailea is a destination that competes for customers, not just with Ka'anapali and Kihei on Maui, but the neighbor islands of O'ahu, Kaua'i, Hawai'i and Lana'i. We are the only vacation rental management firm that partners with the Wailea Resort Association to promote the destination of Wailea. We helped establish and have been a major sponsor of the annual Maui Film Festival. When Wailea Resort Association advertises, sells to travel agents or accommodates stories for travel writers and magazines, your property is being promoted and associated with the luxury Wailea resorts of Grand Wailea, Four Seasons, Marriott and Fairmont.
- Business Intelligence is vital to ensure that revenue is optimized for your property. We acquire data from the State of Hawaii, travel partners and our own research and analysis of market conditions, consumer trends and competitive factors. We use this information to provide competitive rates, create added value programs and amenities and to gauge our performance against the market.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii offers well established marketing programs and has a cohesive marketing plan that starts with the proper positioning of your property, creation and execution of programs, advertising in national and international travel trade and consumers publications, printing of brochures and flyers, participation in trade and consumer shows, press release creation and distribution to local, national and international publications and sales calls.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii is a member of the Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau and the Maui Visitors Bureau, tapping into national advertising, promotional and public relation opportunities.
- We work with the Hawaii Tourism Authority and their marketing contractors in Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Germany and other European countries. Annually we obtain their marketing plans and participate in a variety of consumer and travel trade promotions, publicity and tradeshows.
- We provide national and local toll-free reservation numbers and offer 24-hour reservations service. Our on-site Destination Resorts Hawaii reservations office is open from 6:00 am - 5:00 pm daily, seven days a week. After-hour calls are handled by a reservation service that has a division specializing in vacation rentals with a record of high conversions. In addition to handling telephone inquiries and reservations, our skilled staff provides email response services and live chat services from the drhmaui.com website.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii has representation and distribution through more channels that smaller companies just cannot offer. This means greater exposure and ultimately more bookings for your unit. We work with all the major Hawaii tour operators and travel partners, and have access to thousands of travel agents that specialize in both leisure and business travel through the global distribution system (GDS) and Internet distribution system (IDS).
- We provide turnkey, completely managed listings on VRBO and provide the reservations service.
- The Destination Resorts Hawaii website has existed since 1997, having the benefit of years of link-building and search engine optimization which has resulted in high organic search rankings for our properties.
- Each individual property complex has a dedicated landing home page with specific amenities and services noted. We have invested in a custom domain name for each individual property.
- In addition, each individual homeowner has a unit-specific web page, with images, copy and details for that specific unit. A custom domain name has been acquired for each individual unit.
- A proprietary and customized booking engine has been developed for our website, so visitors can book directly into any specific unit that they may wish. This functionality is state-of-the art technology for homeowners.
- Full accounting service is provided to our owners which include paying of utility bills, accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly statements, annual summary of income and expenses, assumption of bad debts and annual auditing.
- Additional services that can be provided including payment of the General Excise Tax, Transient Accommodation Tax, Association dues and property taxes.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii carries all appropriate insurances and licensing to properly and legally operate your vacation rental.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii contracts with credit card merchant services to accommodate credit card purchases using American Express, MasterCard, VISA, Discover and JCB.
- We ensure our homeowners are in compliance with state and federal regulations and will communicate any changes as they occur.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii provides housekeeping services within your management fee to keep you or your guests from being "nickel and dimed".
- The full-service Housekeeping Services provided by Destination Resorts Hawaii assures that your unit will be offering similar services as that of other luxury Wailea resorts.
- Our Housekeeping staff maintains your condominium to your expectations and insures that your condominium and guests are regularly monitored and well cared for.
- Upon the start of your contract, we will stock and supply your unit with bath towels, pool towels, kitchen towels and bed linen inventory, using appealing, quality, hotel-level product that holds up to repeated vacation use.
- Linen and towels are professionally laundered and ironed by outside providers to ensure we meet or exceed health and industry standards, and we don't impact the use of your washer/dryer and utilities.
- Regular deep cleanings are conducted in order to keep your unit in the best condition possible, extending the life of your investment.
- Annually, your unit will be evaluated and rated and we will communicate the changes needed in order for you to better grow your investment performance.
- We provide weekly unoccupied unit checks to assure that your unit is secure and there are no major mishaps like water leaks.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii maintains fulltime maintenance coverage seven days a week from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm to ensure that all needs are immediately addressed. This not only helps in better accommodating guests, but ensures that potential damages such as water leaks are limited in scope and costs.
- A regular preventative maintenance program is initiated and has helped Owners avoid potentially costly damages and lost rentals.
- For after-hour emergencies, 24-hour on-call staff is available to care for any maintenance issues and avoid further damage.
- For major repairs, we work with a variety of licensed and quality contractors and repairmen to get your unit back into the best condition, in the shortest time possible.
- We are able to provide complimentary short-term loaner of small audio-visual and kitchen appliances such as televisions, DVD's, stereos, coffeemakers, blenders or toasters while your out-of-order appliances are being repaired or replaced. This can conceivably save Owners thousands of dollars in lost rentals or refunds.
RENOVATION AND REPAIR
- Because we are the largest operator of vacation rentals in Wailea, we are able to negotiate discounted pricing on renovation and repair of your unit, including major appliances, flooring and carpeting, furniture and décor, countertops, painting and fixtures as well as complete kitchen and bath remodels.
- For major renovations and remodeling, we will assist you with scheduling, recommend licensed contractors and work with the selected providers to ensure that the job is completed on time and in the quality expected, communicating to the condominium association and affected guests as necessary.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii provides 24-hour check-in service to guests. From 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, check-in at the Front Desk is open at Wailea Gateway Center. From 9:00 pm to 8:00 am, arrangements have been made to check-in at other Destination Resorts Hawaii locations. This ensures that guests will always have access and ability to check-in; no matter what time they arrive.
- Our Ho'okipa (Hospitality) Desk is staffed from 8 am - 6 pm daily, offering Concierge services, ranging from dining recommendations and reservations, beauty and spa appointments, golf tee times, luau and dinner shows, sightseeing tours, and every imaginable activity offered on Maui.
- A Guest Services Agent is available from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm to assist Owners and guests with items such as luggage assistance, amenity deliveries and fax and message delivery.
- Complimentary copies of the local paper, Maui News, are available to our Owners and guests at the Front Desk.
- Destination Resorts Hawaii has negotiated special, preferred rates with a variety of partners, including Wailea and Makena golf courses, Wailea Tennis Center, Dollar-Rent-a-Car, Hawaiian Airlines, Wailea Weddings and American Express.
- Services that cater to guests at our condominiums can be provided such as pre-stocking or shopping and delivery of groceries and sundries, in-room massage and mini-spa treatments, babysitting and nanny services, ordering and delivery of cribs/high chairs/playpen, or hiring of a private chef to prepare a special birthday meal, romantic dinner, breakfast-in-bed or a customized menu.
- A variety of complimentary services is provided to guests, include free local calls, free long distance calls, free hi-speed Internet Access, free starter set of Hawaiian coffee and condiments and free dish and laundry detergents. These added value services elevate your accommodation to differentiate the experience from the "no-frills" vacation rentals.
- A Japanese speaking interpreter to assist our Japanese speaking guests.
MANAGEMENT & STAFF
- Destination Resorts Hawaii has an experienced, well-established team of management professionals committed to quality and improvement. Many of our management associates have several years of prior experience in four- and five-star hotels and resort properties.
- A fulltime Rental Manager is dedicated to overseeing each individual rental property, providing you and your guests with personalized service and close supervision of Housekeeping and Maintenance personnel.
- A 24-hour on-call manager is available to handle any urgencies or emergencies from guests or Owners.
- 25% of our associates have been with us for five years or longer, a few original employees that have worked with us since we began operating as Destination Resorts Hawaii and a number that have been here for 10 years or longer. Our longtime associates have formed bonds with our Homeowners and our guests and are a valuable asset to our success.
- All our associates undergo drug screening prior to hiring and we ensure they are trained and in compliance of health, safety and legal regulations.
HOME OWNER BENEFITS
- Homeowners receive special preferred discounts at Destination Hotels & Resorts throughout the U.S., offering a unique and distinctive collection of fine resorts in ski, golf or spa resorts or city business and conference hotels.
- Homeowners receive special discounts at Dollar-Rent-a-Car when travelling throughout the U.S.
- A Japanese speaking interpreter is available for our Japanese speaking Homeowners.